Q&A: What kind of degree do you have?

I have an engineering degree (“Diplôme d’Ingénieur“) from an engineering school known as SupMéca (full title being Institut Supérieur de Mécanique de Paris but it’s quite long and a bit pretentious, if you ask me).

I also have a double PhD diploma – from Aalto University in Finland (when I started the degree it was the Helsinki University of Technology then merged with two other schools into Aalto) and Ecole Centrale Paris (now known as CentraleSupelec). The double diploma just means that I have two fancy pieces of paper instead of one, met the requirements for a PhD for both schools and spent at least one year in each institution (in my case, out of the four years of PhD, I spent three years in Finland and one year in France).

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s